'We're not keeping this to ourselves, we're passing it along to the next generation - God's fame and fortune, the marvellous things He has done.' Psalm 78:4 (The Message)
What is the GBNI Youth Forum?
Girls' Brigade Northern Ireland is committed to delivering effective, inclusive youth work and recognises the way to do this is through youth-led decision-making.
This forum is a network for the young women and young leaders of GBNI to find: fellowship with others, encouragement and support as they grow in their faith, explore opportunities to use their gifts and talents through service and to be the voice for the future of GBNI.
Who we are?
- Every girl and young woman between 14-25 years of age is part of the Youth Forum.
- The Youth Forum leadership is a group of young leaders aged 18-25, who act on behalf of every member to help their voice contribute to GBNI decisions.
- Each district can appoint two District Youth Representatives.
- Furthermore, our GBNI Executive Team can appoint up to three young women to act as an Executive Youth Representative on the GBNI Executive Team.
Current GBNI Youth Forum Executive Representatives:
Danielle McAllister – Joymount Presbyterian GB
Why did you get involved in the GBNI Youth Forum?
'I originally got involved in the leadership of the GBNI Youth Forum because I was intrigued by this unique opportunity for young women to have a platform from which to share ideas and thoughts that are listened to. However, I’ve stayed in this role for six years now because I genuinely love all that I get to be involved in and the amazing people I’ve met through it.'
Melissa Meldrum – Metropolitan Tabernacle GB
What do you love about the GBNI Youth Forum?
'I love that girls and young women are given the chance to have a voice on matters relating to them, but also that their voices and opinions are listened to and acted upon, if feasible. I love being part of the big picture and seeing girls get on fire for Christ and want to share that with other girls and young women within the GB family.'
Lauren Cull – Trinity Presbyterian, Ahoghill GB
Why should others come and join us?
'The GBNI Youth Forum is a great way to meet other young women across Northern Ireland and to be the voice of Girls’ Brigade. If you’re interested in reaching others with the Gospel and being part of decision making for Girls’ Brigade we’d love you to join!'
What we do?
The Youth Forum provides many opportunities for girls and young leaders to meet others from different companies, serve and grow in their faith.
Some of the opportunities we have been involved in, include:
- Company/District Road Shows
- Worship Nights
- Prayer and Celebration Events
More new and exciting opportunities to come…
GBNI Youth Forum is for all girls and young leaders aged 14-25, we are always looking for new and effective ways to reach all girls in GBNI to assess their needs and opinions. We have our own Facebook and Instagram pages and an online blog. If you haven’t already, make sure you 'like' our Facebook page, and ‘follow’ and ‘share’ our Instagram page and encourage your girls to do the same. This is the best way to stay up to date with what’s happening, share comments, thoughts and ideas.
For more information:
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Contact your District Youth Forum Representatives;
· Give GBHQ a call on 028 9454 8054 (press option 2); or
· Leave us a comment on our blog
· Follow us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/gbniyouthforum
· Follow us on Instagram - @gbniyouthforum