Start Girls' Brigade - Information for Leaders
Are you Ready for Faith in Action?
- Serve God with GB!
- Join a team of over 3000 women volunteers in NI.
- Influence girls for Christ!
- Connect with girls in your community!
- Show them you care.
- Enjoy friendship with other volunteers.
GBNI has an excellent leader's training programme. Each year GBNI trains over 400 new leaders in GB. Alongside this we have a development programme of training opportunities for existing leaders to enable them to brush up or learn new skills.
Leadership Training Opportunities:
- Young leader training (16+)
- Officer training (18+)
- New Captain training
- Development training modules for all leaders eg expedition leadership
- Discipleship course for all leaders
- GBNI aims to continually inform, encourage and equip leaders. We use email, e-news, website news, Twitter and Facebook to communicate with our leaders along with printed GB newsletters.
- Free Resources 4 U booklets distributed several times per session, produced just for leaders with ideas on craft, company worship, drama, etc.
- Relevant Bible teaching material for all ages with step by step comprehensive teacher's notes, to ease the preparation time.
- Programme folders packed with ideas for badgework for all sections
- Free resources to download from our website.
- Focus on Prayer network to uphold our companies, the girls and leaders in prayer.
Whether you were once a member of GB or fancy giving it a go for the first time you can become a GB leader.
Many of our leaders come into the company as helpers and then progress to train as an Officer. It is a great way to make friends and get to know the young girls in your area. You will get back much more than you can ever imagine.
The important thing is that prospective leaders have a personal relationship with Christ and have a desire to serve God.
'...take them by the hand and lead them in the way of the Master' -
Ephesians 6:4 TM
Please note all leaders, including helpers, must go through Child Protection criminal background checks and Child Protection training. The church has the responsibility of choosing and appointing leaders. All GB leaders work under the authority of the church. GBNI provide leadership training and resources.
Contact your minister or local Captain, to discuss serving in your GB if there is one or contact GBNI to locate a GB with leadership needs in your area.
email firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 028 9454 8054
« Back to Start a Company page