Girls in the Brigader section (girls aged 14 - 18) of GB work towards attaining their Brigader Brooch. The Brigader Brooch is attained after a minimum of 3 years, after a girl has been awarded her 3 Brigader Triangles.
|Stage 1 = Blue Triangle
|Stage 2 = White Triangle
|Stage 3 = Green Triangle
|Stage 4 = Brigader Brooch
In line with other badgework in GB the programme covered to attain Brigader Triangles and ultimately the Brigader Brooch must be balanced and cover work in - Spiritual, Physical, Education and Service.
The Brigader programme is based on the ‘PSALT files’ (Practical and Spiritual Applications for Living Today). The PSALT files was first issued to all companies when launched in 2002 and then was revamped in 2014. Both versions are available to view and download in the leaders section of this website. The New (2014) PSALT Files are also available to purchase from the GBNI Shop.
Spiritual: GB Scripture Course, discipleship Course, mentoring.
Physical: Dodgeball, hockey, athletics.
Educational: Cooking, fashion, my body.
Service: Charity work, running an event, use your voice.
Points to Note:
- A total of 40 points earned over a 3 or 4 year period is required to obtain a Brigader Brooch.
- No more than 14 points may be gained in 1 year. (In exceptional circumstances permission may be given by GBHQ to permit a girl to gain 16 points in order to complete the award.)
- At least 6 points must be from each of the 4 sections -Spiritual, Physical, Education and Service.
- Each subject covered is worth 2 points, with the exception of the annual GB Scripture course which merits 4 points providing a girl attends at least 80% of the course. A girl with less than 80 % attendance should be awarded only 2 points for the Scripture course.
- Girls are required to maintain a progress record book. Brigader Progress Books may be purchased from our walk in shop at GBHQ. They can also be ordered from our online shop www.gbnishop.co.uk.
Download our Brigader Brooch FAQ sheet for more information.
Wearing Brigader Awards
- Centenary badge, if applicable is to be worn on the sweatshirt at the point of the 'V'.
- Endurance Award, if applicable, worn on right side of sweatshirt, beside ribbon.
- All other badges to be worn on an armband until award of the Brigader Brooch.
Example of a Brigader armband, prior to award of Brigader Brooch
Positioning of Badges after Brigader Brooch has been Awarded:
Awards worn on armband as above, but remove the Open Bible Award, and wear on award ribbon.
The award ribbon is worn on the sweatshirt, on wearer's right side. The ribbon is to be level with the top of the embroidered GB crest on the sweatshirt.
Awards to be placed on ribbon in the following order:
- Open Bible Award (top).
- Brigader Brooch
Note - If the Queen's Award is attained, it will replace the Brigader Brooch on the ribbon and the Brigader Brooch is transferred back to bottom left corner of armband.
- Gold Duke of Edinburgh's Award, if gained (removing Silver Award from armband).
« Back to Awards page